25 March 2012

Cake in a mug. Yes really.

I was a bit of a pleb this morning and cycled all the way to Uni to use the library, only to discover that the library isn't open until 2pm... duh, why did I not check the internet? Then after I had ventured all the way home again I realised moodle (our Uni website thing with loads of important documents) was down for maintenance. I took this to mean that God was sending me a sign and that I should have a day off :D

It's sunny and I had a free day so I decided to make Mug Cakes with my house mates. Mug Cakes? I hear you say. It is literally cake that you make in a mug, so simple!

To make your Mug Cake...


For ingredients and all that babble look HERE

STEP ONE: Find your favourite mug and add all the dry ingredients so it looks a bit like this...

STEP TWO: Melt your butter in a pan and then add it to the mug with the rest of your liquid ingredients so it looks bloomin' disgusting like so...

STEP THREE: Momentarily think that you have the muscle power of Hulk and stir like crazy. After 10 seconds, whinge about your poor biceps and then spend ages mixing to make it look like actual cake mix...


STEP FOUR: Bang it in the microwave. We did it for three minutes but it was a tad dry/stodgy so maybe 2 minutes and 30 secs would be better?

ENJOY :)

& then lie on the floor moaning that it was too big and you shouldn't have eaten it all and that your oesophagus is going to divorce your stomach and so on ;)

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome! I've made them before and had a lot of fun. They're almost too easy... the dangers of having chocolate cake SO EASILY scare me.

    Also, cute blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for getting in touch :)