17 November 2013

Graduation Weekend

I have finally Graduated!!!


After spending the Summer months watching old school friends don their cap and gown and stand smiling outside their respective Universities, I was starting to think my Graduation was never going to happen. We have had to wait until November so that we could graduate at the picturesque York Minster. It was beautiful setting, inside and out, especially on a bright and sunny Autumn day.

(Primary Education Group 4 on the steps of the Minster)

My family came up from Wolverhampton and decided to take the whole weekend as holiday so that they could explore around Harrogate too. Lucky for some, I was back at work on Friday in my onsie for Children in Need and practicing songs for the Christmas play. Ryan made an appearance too after work and let us borrow his fancy camera to get some pictures.



We obviously had to take a million and one photos of the day. Who knew graduation was such a big deal?! There were some funny pictures thrown into the mix, including a few of me failing to throw my mortarboard in the air!

I also re-created the first ever picture I had taken outside York St John University. Three and a half years ago on my interview day, with my blonde hair, on the right and then my graduation picture on the left. Not much has changed, other than being brunette and a little smarter I suppose!!



Fountains Abbey

Yesterday I met up with my family again (who had been staying in a local bed and breakfast) and we went to Fountains Abbey and the deer park. It was really enjoyable to take a relaxing walk around the ruins, kicking up some leaves as we went.


Obviously we couldn't help ourselves being big kids as per usual so there were plenty of silly photo opportunities. We dressed up as monks in one of the information rooms, however we got the habits on backwards, doh! Ryan even managed to capture our leaf throwing fun.


I hope you are all enjoying your weekends, whether you are graduating or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)