23 March 2014

Being Creative.


Last weekend I told you all about how I was keeping busy... well, I was procrastinating because I had loads of work to do for an upcoming local authority inspection on Monday. I also promised to share the outcome of the Nutella Brownies I baked! They were awesome!!! :D so the recipe does feature in this post. 

This week I've been feeling really creative. Despite a pretty rubbishy start to the week at work, I've really enjoyed being in my classroom and I've had some really fun lessons. We even managed to squeeze in a trip to the York Chocolate Story on Thursday! We got our hands messy making chocolate lollies and truffles and got to try an Aztec chocolate drink. Our Chocolate topic has been great for some creative teaching opportunities. The children loved drawing symmetrical Aztec patterns for Montezuma in maths and investigating states and matters in science.


As well as at work, I've been feeling pretty creative at home too. Last weekend I bought myself a sketch book after being artistically inspired while staying at the yurt. On Sunday evening I sat for hours (literally) sketching in my new book. I only stopped because my hand started to ache! Art was always one of my favourite subjects at school but it's unfortunate that it clashed with my other options. I think I've given up with cross-stitch and crochet for a little while... mainly because I suck! :P

 Arty things from our holiday in  Devon.

My sketch book. Inspired by paintings from Paint Pallet.

Finally, I will tell you all about the gorgeous, amazing and down right AWESOME brownies I made last Sunday. When I saw these on Lily loves Lola I didn't quite believe what I was reading. How could you possibly make brownies out of just three ingredients? Well, it is possible!


Ingredients:
A 400g jar of Nutella.
2 medium/large eggs.
25g or 1/2 cup of self raising flour.


Method:

Pre-heat your oven to 180°C (fan)

Stick all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until it is all smooth.

Pour the ingredients into a lined tin of your choice. I chose to use greaseproof paper rather than butter because then you can just pull them straight out.


Invite a chocoholic friend to eat the remaining mix and Nutella to save washing up (kidding).

Check on the brownies after 20 minutes. They should be crunchy around the edges and still a little wobbly in the middle.

Leave to set, cut up and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)